EUVC #119 Borys Musielak, SMOK
New episode of The European VC podcast is out 🥳
Today we are happy to welcome Borys Musielak, Founding Partner at SMOK Ventures. They help fund top early stage entrepreneurs (checks from €50k to €1M) based in Central & Eastern Europe, focusing on software and gaming startups. We were fortunate to record live with Borys during this years edition of How To Web.
In this episode you’ll learn:
– Why Borys is in love with Bucharest and the How To Web (hint: it’s not only coffee!)
– The hilarious story behind the name SMOK and how it ties into a small kiss, a hairy ball AND a dragon
– What the Silicon Valley roots of SMOK impacts how Borys and his team acts, works and invests
– How Borys thinks about growing from a 10M€ Fund I to a 50M€ fund II and its impact on SMOK
– Borys’ views and insights on the state-backed VC programs that have been run in Poland and the CEE region.
– How Borys thinks about the Russian/Ukranian crisis and how the VC market is reacting to it.
You can also listen on your favorite podcast platforms: linktree.com/theeuropeanvc