Today we are happy to welcome Bo Ilsoe, managing partner of NGP Capital. From his current base in Geneva, Switzerland he has developed NGP Capital from initial commitments of $25M to more than $1.6B investing in the US, Europe, and China. Bo has through his portfolio exits created more than $3.0B in shareholder value during his time as an investor. A technologist at heart, he believes in the positive transformative effects technology has on society.
In this episode you'll learn:
- The origin & development story of NGP, the highly successful VC-arm of Nokia
- Why NGP has focused on the Series A and onwards stage
- How Bo thinks about innovation horizons and how it affects the investment thesis of NGP
- How Bo thinks about firm building, decision making and winning as a global team of 25 of which 15 are investors and 5 partners
- Why Bo believes VCs owe founders to push them and be wary of becoming too founder friendly
You can also listen on your favorite podcast platforms: linktree.com/theeuropeanvc