Today we are happy to welcome a real legend to the show; Reshma Sohoni, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Seedcamp. With Seedcamp, Reshma has not only pioneered seed stage investing in Europe, but also built what’s become one of Europe’s consistently highest performing funds. Consequently, we thought we had no choice but to dive deep with Reshma on firm building to tease out some learnings from one of the greats.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Origin story, where the name SeedCamp came from
- The importance of staying true to your north star and building an ever stronger flywheel around your firm
- How to think about brand building, recruiting & onboarding new talent and keeping the brand lived by all team members
- How Reshma thinks about their LP base, why they’ve doubled down on small ticket LPs and requiring value-add and not just money
- How Reshma thinks about follow-on investments and raising opportunity funds vs single-opportunity vehicles
You can also listen on your favorite podcast platforms: linktree.com/theeuropeanvc