#39 David Dana, EIF, pt. 2
This is the second part of “Grilling & Myth-busting with the EIF” where we’re talking to David Dana, head of ICT investments at the EIF. In this episode we cover more wide-ranging topics and questions that our community and former guests requested.
In this episode you’ll learn:
– Why the EIF is raising their own private funds and how they fit in the market
– Why the EIF serves to stimulate skew the market, how they do so & avoid competition with private actors
– How the EIF picks emerging managers (team size, track record…) when evaluating new GPs. Notice! Herein lies the answer to why the EIF doesn’t invest in solo-GPs!
– EIF’s views on GP compensation & carry distribution when evaluating VC funds
– How the EIF thinks about their response times & recommendations to plan for a raise involving the EIF as an LP
– How investors are chosen for the EIF’s angel program
– What we can expect in the future from the EIF and David Dana