#86 Tom Wilson, Seedcamp
Join us as we're talking to Tom Wilson, Partner at Seedcamp and recovering lawyer. Seedcamp requires little introduction to most, but let’s do it anyway; Seedcamp was founded in 2007 with the strong belief that exceptional talent can come from anywhere, a belief that remains deep-rooted in the firm’s DNA and actions today. The team has backed more than 430 companies and are early investors in European successes like Hopin, Wise, Revolut, Sorare, wefox, Pleo, UiPath, viz.ai and Grover. In otherwords; say welcome to one of the greats.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Tom's route into venture as a lawyer and how his background has helped him as a VC
- How Seedcamp pioneered the investment strategy of building a large portfolio of small tickets & ownership in European VC
- What's behind the concept of "Seedcamp Nation" and how network effects help drive the outlier performance that Seedcamp has achieved
- What Tom misses from the early days of Seedcamp and where he sees opportunity in the future
- Tom's best advise for emerging managers raising their capita for their first funds.